AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will this amp drive these speakers sufficiently? It puts out 100w high current. Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'm not really familiar with the Integra, but will try to help anyway as I have the 100's. The most important thing is to make sure that the Integra will not have any problem with 4 ohm loads as the 100's (at least v2) drop down to 3.9 at times. They also like power and most people suggest that you give them 200 watts each. However, you can run them easily with less and they still sound great to me.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've put some info from the spec sheet below. I'm not sure what "Dynamic Power" means. It says 210w/ch @ 4 ohms though. I guess I will contact Integra tech support. It would seem that if the load drops to 4 ohms then that is the power that the receiver will be sending. I have no idea though. I guess I should also check to see what ohms run the speakers at full time. Are there any drawbacks or benefits to running speakers at these different ohms?

DTR-7.3

7.1 Channel Net-Tune Ready THX Select Receiver

Power Supply AC 120 V, 60 Hz

Power Consumption 8.1 A

Power Output* (8 ohm, 20 Hz - 20 Khz, FTC)

Front L/R 100 W/Ch

Center 100 W

Surround L/R 100 W/Ch

Surround Back 100 W/Ch (L/R)

Power Output* (6 ohm, 1 Khz,Ftc)

Front L/R 130 W/Ch

Center 130 W

Surround L/R 130 W/Ch

Surround Back 130 W/Ch (L/R)

Dynamic Power** (Front)

3 ohm 250 W/Ch

4 ohm 210 W/Ch

8 ohm 130 W/Ch

·
Registered
388 Posts
I was driving my Studio 100's v2 with a Classe Amp rated at 100 wpc. This amp was great and very musical. I also tried it with a Bryston 3BSt at 150 measured wpc (same source, room etc). With the same material, the Byston delivered much more bass than the Classe. I preferred the sound of the Classe over the Bryston, but wanted the bass and so stayed with the Bryston. Classe is a very good amp, but 100 wpc may possibly (not sure) have not been enough to drive the 2 8" woofers in each speaker.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Integra customer support will tell you that the receiver isn't rated down to 4 oHms, but believe me it can drive the Paradigms very well at high volumes with no problems.

I have the lesser cousin (Onkyo TX-DS777) with 105w /ch X 5 and I'm using Polk LSi speakers with a 4 oHm impedence and I have no problems at all. These speakers also aren't very efficient at 89 dB which makes the receivers job even harder.

Troy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.