AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wonder about hdmi pass through on the receiver. If I connect all of my sources up through hdmi, is it necessary to have the receiver on to get the signal to pass through to the tv? If we want to play xbox 360 just through tv, will the receiver be able to pass this signal to the tv without being turned on? Hope I am kinda clear on what I am looking for. At times, there is no need to play audio through the receiver, as in news, games and such. Any help would be appreciated. The 70.1 is getting ordered tomorrow, along with the Paradigm Studio 100's and Sub 12. I am going to try running the 100's on bridged power first and if this isn't satisfactory, I will go to an Anthem MCA 20.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
With all of the technical people here, someone has got to have an answer for me, or at least can give a little help. Read through some of the manual that I downloaded. Definitely a lot of stuff to absorb.

·
Registered
398 Posts
The feature that you are asking about is, in some AVRs, called "Standby" through for HDMI. I don't believe all AVRs have that feature. Most of the newer Yamaha's and Denons have it. Unfortunately, you may have to read through everything HDMI-related in your owners manual to see if that feature is available - I'm not sure it is in the Integra/Onkyo models. You might want to consider contacting Integra directly to ask them. Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts