AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't seem to find to much information on Integra receivers. I am looking for a solid $500-$800 range receiver and really liked listening to in person the DTR20.1 but haven't been able to find any reviews or other opinions. The local shops are pushing either the Integra or Denon 1910 models. I can't listen to them with the same speakers so I am having a hard time determining which is better.

The receiver is 75% movies and 25% music.

Once I can determine the receiver then on to Speakers. Looking at KEF 3005 series but don't know if worth the price tag.

·
Registered
951 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbtiger3 /forum/post/18157189

I can't seem to find to much information on Integra receivers. I am looking for a solid $500-$800 range receiver and really liked listening to in person the DTR20.1 but haven't been able to find any reviews or other opinions. The local shops are pushing either the Integra or Denon 1910 models. I can't listen to them with the same speakers so I am having a hard time determining which is better.

The receiver is 75% movies and 25% music.

Once I can determine the receiver then on to Speakers. Looking at KEF 3005 series but don't know if worth the price tag.

If you liked the sound of the Integra, I would highly recommend going with an Onkyo receiver purchased on the internet (if you are comfortable with this).

Integra is the sister brand to Onkyo - Onkyo is the parent company and Intergra is the boutique dealer brand. Because Onkyos can be purchased online and Intergras generally can't, competition on price is much fiercer for Onkyos. That way, you can significantly go up the product line will still roughly paying the same price.

The Integra 20.1 is pretty much their base model and by switching to the Onkyo brand and buying from a place like Newegg, Amazon, OneCall, etc. you can get an equivalent of the 40.1 in your budget. That is the Onkyo 807 or RC-180.

You can also try refurbed units at either ShopOnkyo or Accessories4less. One year warranty versus the standard 2 but the units are generally in great shape.

Hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.