Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am torn between these processors as, I like the features that the Integra has or the well respected sound quality of the Classe.

I demoed the RDC-7 tonight and found it very smooth in 2 ch music and would be happy with it in my system. (Amplifier was the matching RDA-7.)

I feel it may even sound more musical with the Classe Cav 180 attached to it????

I cannot demo the Classe, so would be buying it blind and hence the concern.

I recently demoed in my home a Rotel 1098 but was not impressed with the 2 ch sound although home theater sounded good. I felt the 2 ch sound was lean, a tad bright but the most annoying thing was the S/N noise level. This noise was quite audible from my seating distance of 8 foot. I had been recently using a Pioneer 49tx as a processor and found it to do a much better job than the Rotel, especially the noise levels.

Due to living in Australia, you don't have the variety or price that you guys have in the states and Canada so I think these are my only options.

The prices in Australian dollars are as follows:

Classe SSP 30MKII - $5000.

Integra RDC-7 - $5700.

Some other alternatives are (although out of my price range...)

Krell Showcase - $7000.

Parasound C- $6900.

Primare SP7 - $6500.

Classe SSP60 - $8000.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Zedd.

·
Wireless member
27,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Zedd
Hello,

I am torn between these processors as, I like the features that the Integra has or the well respected sound quality of the Classe.

I demoed the RDC-7 tonight and found it very smooth in 2 ch music and would be happy with it in my system. (Amplifier was the matching RDA-7.)

I feel it may even sound more musical with the Classe Cav 180 attached to it????

I cannot demo the Classe, so would be buying it blind and hence the concern.

I recently demoed in my home a Rotel 1098 but was not impressed with the 2 ch sound although home theater sounded good. I felt the 2 ch sound was lean, a tad bright but the most annoying thing was the S/N noise level. This noise was quite audible from my seating distance of 8 foot. I had been recently using a Pioneer 49tx as a processor and found it to do a much better job than the Rotel, especially the noise levels.

Due to living in Australia, you don't have the variety or price that you guys have in the states and Canada so I think these are my only options.

The prices in Australian dollars are as follows:

Classe SSP 30MKII - $5000.

Integra RDC-7 - $5700.

Some other alternatives are (although out of my price range...)

Krell Showcase - $7000.

Parasound C- $6900.

Primare SP7 - $6500.

Classe SSP60 - $8000.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Zedd.
Do these prices reflect the new, lower MSRP price on the RDC-7 since the announcement of the RDC-7.1?

·
Premium Member
7,496 Posts
Personally, if you're looking hard at the RDC7, I'd wait until the 7.1 comes out (supposedly April) since it will offer HDMI switching (among other things that the RDC7 does not*).

TM

*while IR has not made an official announcement about the upgradeability (or lack thereof) of the 7 to inclue 7.1 functionality, and several of us RDC7 owners are trying to convince IR to do so, it's still an open question. I'd love to recommend the RDC7/7.1, I just would prefer to do so feeling good about the company's ability to live up to its promises

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.