AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my search for the Integra RDC I just found one retailer that assures me that he has 2 units witht the pre-installed upgrade (which has not yet been officially released). Integra told me that there are few units in the streets with the pre-installed upgrade. The problem is that they can't confirm by serial number if the unit has the upgrade. The unit was manufactured in March 2002. Do you think is possible that it really does have the pre-installed upgrade? How can I be sure?

·
Registered
392 Posts
I'm sure if it has the upgrade there will be an official logo for this feature on the faceplate. If you don't see it I would pass on the unit.

·
Banned
78 Posts
I reckon Dennis is right on the money, but also you would think that if its a genuine pre installed model, the blue display would show up with THX 2,

DTS-ES, Dolby Prologic 2 and so on.

I certainly would like to get one when finances allow it, let us know how you get on.

Good luck with it,

Regards, Andrew...

·
Registered
555 Posts
I got a RDC-7 just after the DTS-ES / PL II upgrade came out and, if I remember correctly, my unit came with a sticker on the front indicating DTS-ES and PL II.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
When Integra upgraded the RDC-7 to DPLII they put two big stickers on the box and one on the upgraded unit itself. Also, the MSRP for the upgraded RDC-7 is $4500, $500 up. The best thing to do inow s buy a non-upgraded unit and have it upgraded for $250, it's cheaper that way.

Razvan

·
Premium Member
7,235 Posts
If you go the route suggested by Andrew J.Giusti just be careful about which things you look for. Andrew mentions DPLII. This mode, among many others, was already available with the prior upgrade (i.e. before the new Ultra2 upgrade). Also, my dealer tells me they'll have a SKU number for the upgrade on 6/1, so it's possible that Integra has already begun to ship pre-upgraded models.

TM

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you all. I'm pretty sure by now that the unit DOES NOT have pre-installed upgrade. After a little "push" from myself the sales person let it show that he had no idea what I was talking about (the upgrade). He was confusing it with simple THX Ultra certification.

I almost bought the unit. The guy had assure me that the unit had the upgrade several times. He said he was reading in the box. I had to explain him what the THX Ultra 2 upgrade was!!!! He still very confused and thinking that I'm wrong in this upgrade issue!!!!

Beware of Stereo Exchange in New York City. The guys (specially this one called Luke) have no idea what he's talking about! He kept saying: Yes... Is the latest model... I guarantee.

·
Banned
78 Posts
Oops,

Assumed the THX2 upgrade also included DTS-ES, Prologic 2 etc. Didn't realise these were available on a previous upgrade.

So does that mean with the previous upgrade Integra owners, when running say DTS-ES, or Prologic 2, the blue matrix display does indicate this? Or do you just make do with the sticker on the fromt panel?

Things always tend to filter down to us here in OZ.

Regards, Andrew....

·
Registered
321 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Andrew J.Giusti

So does that mean with the previous upgrade Integra owners, when running say DTS-ES, or Prologic 2, the blue matrix display does indicate this? Or do you just make do with the sticker on the fromt panel?
Andrew -

After the upgrade which included Dolby Prologic II, etcetera, the blue matrix display clearly displays which mode it is in, including the added formats when applicable.

Burke

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.