AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to decide between two receiversfor my system in a 21X14 room. I am choosing between a yamaha rxv657 or integra DTR5.5

what are upsides and downsides of either unit. mainly for movie watching.

thanks for the help

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
You don't like Pioneer Elite or Denon???

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
I have not listened to the Yamaha, but I do have in Integra 6.5 and it ROCKS for movies, sounds wonderful for music as well. When I compared receivers, I compared it to Denon, Marantz and Pioneer and loved the Integra more. I have heard the 5.5 and it sounds very good.

Good luck

·
Registered
20 Posts
I also have a Integra 6.5 and love it. I did listen to the Denon and Yamaha but the Integra had better video pass through on the componet side, plus I have always been an Onkyo fan. The sound is wonderful with my Revel speakers and the various sound fields give me everything I could ever want in an A/V receiver.

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
Another vote for Integra. I have a 6.4 DTR and am very happy with it. I compared it to Denon, Pioneer Elite and Yamaha. They were very similar, but the Integra had a few features the others lacked, and that tipped the scales for me. At this level, they're all pretty good. It comes down to personal preference, ergonomics, features, warranties and such, IMO.

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
so far the 10.5 works flawless and i have more headroom than my 120 watt 2 channel amp and a very nice prossesser i am hearing sounds in rear channels on movies with a lot more clarity.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.