Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

My system has an InFocus SP7210, an HDTivo, and a Pioneer VS-56Txi receiver. Also I have a Xantech IR Hidden Link Expansion Kit (#8165) from smarthomer which containts a Xantech Tabletop IR sensor, a One Zone connecting block and stick on IR emitters.

I notice that the HD Tivo, projector and receiver all have phono plug inputs that are for IR transmitters. Presumably there is a way to use this rather than the IR blaster but I can't find any documentation for this?

I tried it (but may have done it wrong) connecting the tabletop sensor directly, and also after the connecting block, and it didn't seem to work.

What do I need to do to hook this up? And only the receiver has an output as well as an input -- can I just use a Y connector to hook up multiple?

Thank you very much if anyone can help!

Josh

·
Registered
631 Posts
AFAIK the IR blaster ports on the TiVo are output only (for controlling cable boxen and the like), though I don't have an HD TiVo so they may be a totally different beast.

·
Registered
275 Posts
for what it's worth, i connected a mono plug from the connecting block to the IR input of my H/K AVR-435 receiver and it works. i guess it depends on the manufacturer. some are indeed ouputs only and some are proprietary, such as with Sony, Pioneer, and Onkyo.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.