AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for help picking the right integrated amp for a new pair of Monitor Audio Silver 300s. What are other owners running and what should I avoid? Based on reviews I'm considering Rotel A14 or Cambridge Audio CXA81....so budget up to $1200. It's for a dedicated 2 channel system and I mostly listen to classic rock, R&B and lesser to soul and funk. I still listen to CDs and have a growing vinyl collection.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
integrated amp for a new pair of Monitor Audio Silver 300s.
I totally LOVE your speakers! When I listened for a few hours at Upscale Audio, it was through a PrimaLuna integrated and the combo was outstanding. New that's above your budget but you might ask if they have any trade-ins, or scour around for used. Good luck!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Those too

You might have better success asking in the 2 channel forum. Lots of knowledge there.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/173-2-channel-audio/

I have heard good things about both those you are looking at. You probably can't go wrong with either.

A few more you might have a look at. - Marantz PM8006, NAD C368 BluOS-2i, and Arcam SA20 (more $)

NAD and Arcam SA20 are on the list but I put them lower for reasons I can't remember. I think the NAD is Class D and I was kind of wanting to try something different...and the Arcam...???...maybe just a price issue...a couple hundred more with no additional features? Thanks for the suggestions...I'll check them out again and make sure I'm not missing something.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts