AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased an HP e-Vectra from Ebay so that I could use an eprom programmer that I have. While investigating the e-Vectra, I discovered that the Intel 810e chipset that it has (AGP 2X) is capable of component video. So, I made a VGA to component cable (pin 1-Cr, 2-Y,3-Cb) and fired the computer up connected to the component inputs of my Toshiba 52HMX94. Lo, the "HP Invent" screen came up perfectly, after that, all I got was out of sync (as the comp booted Windoze 98XP). I tried setting the resolution to basic 640x480, 60 Hz using my son's monitor, and for a brief moment, things were looking good on the Toshiba, then no sync again. Here are the burning questions:

1) Is there some way to force Windoze into putting out component video via the AGP subsystem? Being from the Mac world I am pretty much at a loss here.

2) Is the HP splash screen just a fluke? In other words, is the set syncing on RGB and I am not really getting component out of the PC at all? I really don't think this is possible, but I am not sure.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.