AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a custom built PC - just installed Win XP Media Center OS, P4 2.8ghz, 1 gb ram, 300 gb+ of Disk, AIW 9600. Just bought an AUDIGY 2zs for soundcard to replace Audigy Gamer and give me digital audio. Currently, it's hooked up to 53" 4x3 SD tv via S-Video, but will be installing 6168 Sammy soon. This PC is intended to do a few things - Itunes/Audio for 40+gb of songs, DVD authoring from MiniDV/Hi-8 home movies. I don't need PVR capabilities since i have DTV PVR but I do surf the internet PIP while watching something i've tivo'ed ...

I'll play DVDs on a separate upconverting DVD player, so i'm not concerned about that...

My questions: I haven't been able to find any online documentation of configuring the AIW 9600 (vs. the Pro, etc)...it is not on the ATI web site... Any suggestions would be appreciated...

I assume I need to buy the DVI/Component video dongle? DVI-I to YPrPb? So I can only connect via Component? Any suggestions as to the specific screen format /sizing?

Thanks

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I understand that I need to use the VGA2 hookup - i needed to buy a VGA to Component converter from ATI for $29. It seems, though, in the documentation that i can only have a display of 640*480 - is this correct?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.