AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I already have cable wires running through the walls of my house to my TV areas which originate from a closet next to my garage, where the external cable TV signal comes into the house. I would like to install a high definition TV satellite dish next to this closet and use the existing cables to run the high definition TV satellite signal though the house and also keep the option to keep the cable signal on the cable lines active to the outputs. My question is: Is it possible to multiplex the satellite signal and possibly an antenna signal with the cable signal and then to separate them again at the outputs through the single cable line already in the wall? I have not been able to find any information on this type of multiplexing arrangement. I know that the satellite and antenna would probably work, but the cable signal is an unknown. Will a high definition satellite signal, an antenna signal, and a cable signal all exist harmoniously in the same line and allow decoding and separation at the output areas without any problems for the various signals?

Thank you for your responses to this question.
[email protected]

·
Registered
11,020 Posts
You can use one coaxial cable to share satellite and cable signal OR satellite and over the air signals. You cannot use one cable to share cable and over the air signals.

I assume you know this but you also must have one cable home run from your central location to each TV, i.e. the coax cannot be daisy "chained from" jack to jack, which is how cable companies frequently run there cable. From your description it sound as though you are all right in this regard, but I wasn't sure.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, QQQ, the cable line comes into the closet where it is split to separate cables which go to each area of the house. There are physically separate cables from the cable to each location.

Thank you for your response.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.