AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Integrators Weigh in on 3D

By Jason Knott
Taking a "wait-and-see attitude toward 3D," saying 3D is hokey and could be a hassle for consumers to watch.

Manufacturers are ramping up to unveil a slate of 3D TVs to the market with an accompanying onslaught of consumer-level marketing.

Avatar might soon be out on Blu-ray 3D. And ESPN and DirecTV are launching 3D channels in June.

With all that, you'd think CE pros would be ramping up their 3D sales strategies. Apparently not.

The consensus seems to be one of caution. Some do not see the technology as a life saver.

Bill Skaer, Eric Grundelman's Cool AV

I am not a fan of 3D, but I am a fan of making money. 3D will be very intriguing for the younger generation of Gen-X clients, who finally have money to spend. They love 3D. I see a substantial market developing. I have already received signals from my early adopter clients asking, When can I have it?'

Paul Riordan, Riordan Brothers Audio/Video

There is not enough 3D content out there right now to push our clients to contact us about getting a 3D display. That might change when ESPN launches its 3D channel in June or when Avatar is released on Blu-ray.

Click here to continue.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts