Premium Member
16,132 Posts
Yes, but no HDMI audio then.

·
Premium Member
16,132 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidh44 /forum/post/16908954

So if I want an Intel board with simultaneous DVI+HDMI without losing HDMI audio, the nVidia 9300/9400 chipsets are the only option?

Not every MCP7A mb supports DVI+HDMI. In particular GIGABYTE and ASUS are no good. You'd better use a discrete video card (i.e. Radeon HD 4xxx).

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by renethx /forum/post/16910639

Not every MCP7A mb supports DVI+HDMI. In particular GIGABYTE and ASUS are no good. You'd better use a discrete video card (i.e. Radeon HD 4xxx).

I'd prefer to go integrated if possible for heat/energy usage reasons.

Of the MCP7A boards that support simultaneous DVI+HDMI (like the ones from XFX, MSI, DFI), do you know if any of them can do so without losing HDMI audio?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by renethx /forum/post/16906230

Yes, but no HDMI audio then.

I ended up getting an Asus P5Q-EM with G45 chipset, and it does simultaneous DVI + HDMI + Audio over HDMI just fine. Which G45 boards did you try that lost HDMI audio when doing simultaneous DVI + HDMI?

·
Premium Member
16,132 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidh44 /forum/post/17012027

I ended up getting an Asus P5Q-EM with G45 chipset, and it does simultaneous DVI + HDMI + Audio over HDMI just fine. Which G45 boards did you try that lost HDMI audio when doing simultaneous DVI + HDMI?

Several people including me (P5Q-EM), archibael (GIGABYTE?) and pclausen (P5Q-EM) confirmed (on early days of the chipset release) that DVI+HDMI -> no HDMI audio with G45. Maybe BIOS or driver update fixed it?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by renethx /forum/post/17012042

Several people including me (P5Q-EM), archibael (GIGABYTE?) and pclausen (P5Q-EM) confirmed (on early days of the chipset release) that DVI+HDMI -> no HDMI audio with G45. Maybe BIOS or driver update fixed it?

I updated the BIOS immediately after getting the board, so I'm not sure if that did it. But I'm happy that it works. P5Q-EM is Rev. 1.03G, BIOS v2203 7/22/09, and Win7 RC 64-bit.

Simultaneous DVI+HDMI+HDMI Audio worked when using only WDDM graphics and HDAudio drivers built into Win7, and then after installing Intel driver v8.15.10.1818.

Installing Realtek HDAudio driver appears to remove the Intel HDMI Audio driver, but reinstalling the Intel driver restored it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts