AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I recently bought a new Intel NUC NUC5i5RYK HTPC 5th Generatio, running windows 10, I connected two TVs to it, one through mini HDMI and the other through the mini DisplayPort, I duplicate the screen view so I will see the same thing on both TVs.
The problem is that I can hear sound on only one of the TVs, I looked under volume Mixer, I can see that windows does recognize both TVs but under applications only one TV recognize system sound.
under sound menu only one of the TVs is marked as default.

Even when one of the TVs is off, I will not get sound on the TV that is not marked as default.

Is there a way to get sound on both TVs? or at least have sound on one of the TV that is not marked as default under sound while the default TV is off?

thanks.

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
Hello all,
I recently bought a new Intel NUC NUC5i5RYK HTPC 5th Generatio, running windows 10, I connected two TVs to it, one through mini HDMI and the other through the mini DisplayPort, I duplicate the screen view so I will see the same thing on both TVs.
The problem is that I can hear sound on only one of the TVs, I looked under volume Mixer, I can see that windows does recognize both TVs but under applications only one TV recognize system sound.
under sound menu only one of the TVs is marked as default.

Even when one of the TVs is off, I will not get sound on the TV that is not marked as default.

Is there a way to get sound on both TVs? or at least have sound on one of the TV that is not marked as default under sound while the default TV is off?

thanks.
No

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
You can connect an analog audio cable to the front and run that to one of the displays. All NUCs have two audio chips, one for digital and one for analog. The analog is the one with the headphone output and the digital one is built into the GPU.

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
You can connect an analog audio cable to the front and run that to one of the displays. All NUCs have two audio chips, one for digital and one for analog. The analog is the one with the headphone output and the digital one is built into the GPU.
But your media player will only output to one device

1 - 4 of 4 Posts