AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I have a 10 year old Bose Acoustimass 25 II system which is a 5.1 system with a powered "bass module" and a "media center" instead of a traditional receiver.

My speakers are currently mounted and I have always been happy with the sound, but I wanted to update the system a bit. I picked up a very cheap Acoustimass 6 III "bass module" and the special cord that goes from that module to a traditional receiver - I will likely purchase a Denon receiver.

My question is: Will the 5 old dual cube speakers from the old Acoustimass 25 II work properly with the Acoustimass 6 III bass module? I called Bose and the tech support person said that the speakers for each system are essentially tuned for each specific Lifestyle or Acoustimass system and that I run the risk of damaging the speakers if I hook the dual cubes that I have up to an Acoustimass 6.

I have all of the proper wiring, and it appears it will be "plug and play", however, is there any truth to what Bose Tech. Support told me and am I running the risk of damaging any of these components?

The Acoustimass 6 III has 5 single cubes that come with it typically. I am hooking up 5 dual cubes. If anyone has any information, I would be very appreciative.

Take care and yes, I realize most everyone here hates Bose.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
If you want to upgrade your system, dont buy another Bose product. There are many other brands that give you a lot more value for your money. Try some of the reputed online brands like SVS, HSU, Emotiva etc.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, but because it was all mounted and paid for, I wanted to just stay with the speakers I had.

Regarding my question, it worked perfectly well with the dual cube speakers, Acoustimass 6 bass module and a Yamaha receiver. It's never sounded better, actually.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts