AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looked all over for threads on cables but could not find one so I landed here to try and get my question answered hopefully.

I need a recommendation (brand and model number/name) on a good pair of interconnect cables to hook up to my CD player for 2 channel analog listening to music. Don't want to break the bank on price but surely I can find something really good for hopefully around $100 bucks or so, I would even buy used, no problem. Your help and recommendation would be greatly appreciated, thank you very much.

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
A stereo RCA pair (3-6ft) will run you about 10-20.00. Any more and you are throwing away money. Don't get suckered in my the high dollar silliness. It has zero basis in fact. This is a very thread on this site.

·
Registered
13,125 Posts
^+1

www.monoprice.com
www.bluejeanscable.com

Emotiva is having a cable sale, 25% off -- www.emotiva.com

etc.

There are several threads on cables, and zillions of other threads that include various cable debates. IMO (like The Giz) there's no need to spend a fortune, just find a decent set and go for it. Do NOT buy the small, thin, cheap Philips cables from Wal-Mart, however... I have bought several in a pinch and regretted it. Very poor construction and QC.

All imo - Don

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH50 /forum/post/19614990

^+1

www.monoprice.com
www.bluejeanscable.com

Emotiva is having a cable sale, 25% off -- www.emotiva.com

etc.

There are several threads on cables, and zillions of other threads that include various cable debates. IMO (like The Giz) there's no need to spend a fortune, just find a decent set and go for it. Do NOT buy the small, thin, cheap Philips cables from Wal-Mart, however... I have bought several in a pinch and regretted it. Very poor construction and QC.

All imo - Don

Thanks Don, really appreciate that info.

golffnutt

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by golffnutt /forum/post/19615323

Thanks Don, really appreciate that info.

golffnutt

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions and comments. I think I have a pretty good idea of what to do now. Hope everyone has a pleasant evening.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts