AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
the best price i've heard of is $5999 - so less than that would be good http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/wink.gif

also important w/ this box would be the RETURN policy- with some of the problems mentioned this would be vital.

looks like the trade off is low pirice, but zap one with a 15% re-stocking fee, or more generous return & exchange policy but at a higher pricepoint.

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
By the way, Projector Central just (today!) posted a review of this projector for home theater use. It's on the front page of their site.

Their findings were similar to ours. I highly recommend reading it.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
I am gonna get a projector soon and would be interested in any powerbuy on a Sanyo PLV60 or XP-21N, Seleco HT250, or any of the ones coming out in the next couple of months like the Sony VW11HT, Seleco HT250DM, or the Infocus LP530. I am game for a good deal on any one of those projectors.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by milori:
By the way, Projector Central just (today!) posted a review of this projector for home theater use. It's on the front page of their site.

Their findings were similar to ours. I highly recommend reading it.
Thanks for the heads up. It kind of makes me wonder why Sanyo is so reluctant to market the XP-21N as a home theater projector. The XP-21N is a mature product with great contrast and brightness that would likely blow away the other projectors in a side by side shootout. Maybe they are afraid it would overshadow the PLV-60 which is getting all the buzz.

·
Registered
16,014 Posts
Can anyone who has seen the XP-21N perform please comment on how well it does blacks. Say in comparison to the VW10HT

or a typical DLP projector.

Bob Wood

------------------

~ The Sultan of Cheap ~

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
I might be able to organize a powerbuy on the Sanyo PLV60 that everyone is talking about. I am trying to figure out what price range people would jump in on and how many of you would be interested in it. Please, let's have some reasonable price ideas for this. Also, for those who have already purchased one of these, what price range have you been finding them at? I'm trying to work with some of my dealers on this, and if enough of you are interested, we can probably pull this off.

Thanks! http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

------------------

Jason Turk

AV Science, Inc.
http://www.avscience.com

716-454-1460 ext.204

[email protected]

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
Bob, I demo'd an XP21N at Stewart Filmscreens and was there when Don measured a contrast ratio of 600. At 2600 lumens, black is a little more than 4 lumens.

Not bad, but it really needs a gray screen for the ultimate black level in controlled ambient. For 100", I'd recommend a reflectance of .4.

------------------

Ken Elliott

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought the PLV 60 from an authorized German dealer for approximately $5,400(12,390 DM) The unit price depends on the dollar/euro exchange rate and actually it is very good to effectuate the purchases in Europe, considering that the dollar is very strong.

Having seen this "power buy" topic I called this dealer on the telephone and I think he shall be inclined to quote 5,1 -5,2K for a group order.

I totally ignore the cost of the shipping but I think they have a sister company in US who can take care of all this.

I presume that the warranty is international.

I do not know whether the purchase of projector is to be taxed when entering US.

This unit is beatuful, but rather big and heavy.

Picture quality: smmoth and sharp.

I coupled this unit with a DVD player modified PSM1 (Cinematrix) in Holland by FrankD from this forum(great guy and great service).

If someone decides to go via this German supplier please e-mail me privately for details.

Regards

Alex

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
Yes, I'm interested Jason if the price is right and I still have return privileges if I hate it vs my G1000. I simply want a bigger pic and the G1000 D-ILA won't cut it in my room.

Larry Vale

·
Registered
460 Posts
I would be interested also if the price and return policy is right.

Robert

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.