AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,821 Posts
it is obvious that BD releases made from 4k masters are miles above 2k ones, 6K sounds good to me being the studio has the highest quality master available to them for many years down the road, why not do it if the load can be handled?

Dirty Harry is one of the finest examples of film master perfection that I have seen, if only every title had a 4k master behind it
the master is what makes the release and 2K just doesn't get it done anymore IMHO, I will be anxious to see what comes of this

-Gary

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I agree Gary. WB is king in the quality department. They really give a crap about the quality.

FOX/MGM/UA on the other hand need to be schooled by WB on how to do it the right way.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviation /forum/post/14319347

Really?

.........Really?

lol, i know right? i would think quite the opposite.

·
Registered
10,821 Posts
Warner is the finest studio bar none when it comes to print quality, remastering and etc, they really care about their films and keeping them looking good

their films like Casablanca and Maltese Falcon look better than most studios films from the 80's

this is totally beside BD releases, which are IMHO near the top as well, I don't think any other studio could put out a release like Blade Runner or Dirty Harry or The Getaway and have it turn out so friggin amazing

to trash Warner all around for using standard DD on some BD releases equating that to low quality is totally absurd

-Gary

1 - 6 of 6 Posts