AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
We all subscribe to this forum because of a hobby based on the fun and entertainment of watching movies. Ironic how we seem to forget about the fun part and are just looking for ways to better demonstrate the horsepower we have in our homes. The old "transfer" over "content" argument comes to mind. The fact is, the entire Star Wars franchise was never meant to be Oscar material. It was meant to be a fantasy of fun and adventure to take us to another galaxy for a few hours. The acting in every one of the films has always been a little more on the theatrical stage style. Remember, most of us saw this film when we were kids and got caught up in the wonder of it all. Now that we are in our 30's or quickly approaching it, we are not as easily impressed, but look at your kid's face, if you have one, and see their reaction. I guess being a kid at heart, I still get excited over these films (yes, even a good amount of The Phantom Menace) and Star Wars will always have a special place in my heart and hopefully this is something my young son and I can enjoy together for years to come.

Dan

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Diz2,

I agree with your sentimental attachment to Star Wars. I share it. I can't help but be amazed, after seeing the movie today with my six-year-old, what a truly awful effort Attack of the Clones turned out to be.

Not meaning to be Oscar material, "B" movie stuff and all that aside, is there a reason that this film would reach new depths of wooden acting and stilted writing? Obviously Lucus does not handle every special effect hmself. He hires experts to do the work. He should have hired some experts to write the thing. What wasted effort. The original film was, indeed, a comic book western. It was involving. One got interested in the outcome of a fight because the characters were appealing. Name a single appealing character from the "Attack" movie. I can't. After a time of marveling at the technical triumph of "Yoda" I just sat there and wondered why he had been raised by the Pennsylvania Dutch. ("Throw mama from the train a kiss.") Art

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.