AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a Mitsubishi 734 (73") series and recently bought a HP Pavillion and hooked it up to the T.V. as an input using HDMI.

I think it is the fact that all these straight lines associated with computers, such as with the search toolbars and so forth that span the whole screen perfectly straight, that my geometry looks horrible. I've gone into the manual geometry screen and tried to fix it, but it is almost useless. No matter what I do straight horizontal lines hourglass up and straight verticle lines hourglass out. Is there some other screen in the service menu that can fix this?

Could a professional calibration solve this issue?

And does this bad geometry affect the general picture quality on the TV for other broadcasts, say like cable 1080i programming or PS3 1080p broadcasts?

THanks.

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Greetings

Does it affect the other stuff? Who knows. Have you thrown a test pattern up on the other sources to check?

If you have pincushion issues, on a non-digital TV ... aka CRT based ... it needs geometry work. A calibration/repairman can address it better than just a calibration person. Remember that calibrators are not usually repairmen. but a Repairman can choose to be a calibrator.

Regards

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael TLV /forum/post/15438851

Greetings

Does it affect the other stuff? Who knows. Have you thrown a test pattern up on the other sources to check?

If you have pincushion issues, on a non-digital TV ... aka CRT based ... it needs geometry work. A calibration/repairman can address it better than just a calibration person. Remember that calibrators are not usually repairmen. but a Repairman can choose to be a calibrator.

Regards

You know that might be a good idea. I wonder what would happen if I called Mitsubishi? I bought an extended 4 year warranty. I wonder if they would service it in my home?

I think I'll call and see what they say. Thanks for the advice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.