AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across this new projector mounting system today. It's interesting from it's ability to fit many makes/models of projectors without using a specific make/model adapter plate. In other words it should be possible to exchange projectors down the road without having to purchase new mounting parts. And unlike other "universals" I've seen/worked with it is not a wrap-around cage style mount, instead it looks a lot like a custom mount when viewed from below.

The manufacturer is OWI, Inc. Their website is www.owi-inc.com. The website doesn't look complete yet so I couldn't post a link/pix.

This mount uses either three or four "legs" that can be adjusted in length, elevation and spread to accommodate the mounting holes on various digital projectors. With ceiling, wall and 1.5" pipe mounting capability it should be quite flexible (as I understand it all comes standard with the kit along with a bunch of screws, tools, extender, etc.). The mount doesn't look like it will create any problems with airflow with it's "open" design.

From their retail price sheet I think this product will go for about 65% of the cost of a rough equivalent from Peerless (VectorPro) with one adapter plate.

My only concerns with the product are possible lack of a quick disconnect (not sure yet) and a minimum "drop" height of maybe 3" or thereabouts.

IMHO, I wouldn't use this in a commercial application. Although suitable for consumer/home use it doesn't appear to have the strength or broad product lineups like Peerless and Chief that's usually called for in commercial work.

BTW, this is not a product endorsement as I have not used one of these personally. I have seen photo enlargements of the product installed on various projectors and it looks pretty darn good for a universal.

All IMHO.

Thump's 2c

·
Registered
504 Posts
Draper sells the same mount.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.