AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Via an exclusive interview with Gamepro , Hideo Kojima mentions he has his eye on 360 development, though of course there's no confirmation about whether it would be the Metal Gear franchise or a new IP. (Frankly I would be more enthusiastic about the latter, but that would be up to him.)

------

GP: Is MGS4 still planned as an exclusive PS3 game? Do you have any interest in Xbox 360 development?

Kojima: Well, yes, I do have strong interest in creating something for the Xbox 360. In the US and Europe, it is selling, and I think it will sell a lot this year as well. I'm a fan of Gears of War as well, it's very interesting.

GP: If you ever made an Xbox 360, would you find it difficult to work with because it uses a standard DVD?

Kojima: It's not necessarily challenging or difficult, it's just a matter of how we do it. It might be a couple of discs, or possibly a new form of dual-layer.

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
He's definitely going to do something. You can tell by his tone he is a fan for the system.

Honestly I could care less about MGS4 though, I hope he brings something totally new to the 360

·
Registered
924 Posts
A new IP would be GREAT.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Of course Kojima is interested in developing for the 360, there are over 10 million consoles out their.

·
Registered
72,444 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Mapstone /forum/post/0

Of course Kojima is interested in developing for the 360, there are over 10 million consoles out their.

And even if he weren't interested, Konami's accounting department and the suits that pay Kojima's rock star salary and give him creative freedom will point out that the company needs to make money to keep his status going. Worst case scenario Kojima doesn't program for 360 but allows Konami to let other in-house team port his and his programmers' work to MS' box.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.