AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
First of all, the feedback is for the SELLER and previously sold items ... NOT that sub.

The sub is using a 500 watt replacement eD amp that can be purchased for $300 directly from Elemental Designs:
http://www.edesignaudio.com/product_...roducts_id=822

It is attempting to replace the 1000 watt amp designed for the sub and will NOT have the proper boost at the points required to make the sub sound like it did with the original amp.

There is no doubt that the sub will work, but it will not sound as originally intended.

Without ANY working amp, this sub was just an attractive doorstop ... it MAY be worth the asking price. Go ahead and buy it, then you tell us if it's worth it.

Bill C

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I did some research on this sub and this particular ebayer off and on the last year or so. He sells that sub without the amp also. I had an amp that I had been trying to use to power a non powered sub and stumbled upon this guy. He's got very good feedback as you can see, and that sub that he sells has gotten some good feedback as well from others who had purchased it from him. But for the money you'd really be better off just buying a sub from some of the ID's out there such as SVS, eD etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts