AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
And say, they did some measurements.:eeksurprise:
On sale for now - for $69 a pair with free shipping.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HKUn777xFU
Zieg, I too was interested in these, did you end up purchasing? I saw them swept against the Pioneer bookshelves, which I have heard and am now quite curious about these. I have a friend who grabbed a pair (sadly 6 hours away so no auditioning) and says they are well worth the asking price. I've seen some pretty solid reviews for them so far, please let me know your thoughts.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Watching this video, all I could think was that Billy Mays ghost was trying to do one last commercial.

(Not that it takes anything away from the speakers...just an observation that amused me)

·
Registered
534 Posts
I don't know if I'm looking at the pioneer's plot with the same eyes as this guy. The pioneers plot is more linear above the room's transition frequency and the bass extension and sensitivity are pretty much identical.

The pioneer's woofer size is also better chosen to match the dispersion of the 1 inch dome tweeter. A 6.5 inch woofer will start beaming way before a cheap 1 inch dome can be comfortably crossed over, especially with a 12 dB/ octave network. Considering these factors in addition to the frequent sale price of the pioneers I find it difficult to make a case for these speakers.

The review is also more of an advertisement, especially considering AV express doesn't sell any of the other speakers.

·
Registered
19,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Zieg, I too was interested in these, did you end up purchasing? I saw them swept against the Pioneer bookshelves, which I have heard and am now quite curious about these. I have a friend who grabbed a pair (sadly 6 hours away so no auditioning) and says they are well worth the asking price. I've seen some pretty solid reviews for them so far, please let me know your thoughts.
Yes, I bought them - here is my subjective review
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/89-sp...ppeal-bookshelf-do-they-have-some-appeal.html

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
Thanks for sharing, zieglj01. Amazing what 70 bucks can buy these days. You and your wife (or girlfriend, as the case may be) can't go to a movie and out to nice dinner for that price.

·
Registered
19,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for sharing, zieglj01. Amazing what 70 bucks can buy these days.
You just have to get pass that used car salesman pitch - and look into the product.
I was surprised buy the product - The bass is surprising and they go lower than the
chart - however, they do not emphasize the bass - it needs to be in the recording.

The tweeter has the one eye look like the Emptek tweeter - however, the Emptek
tweeter should have a better voice coil.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
I don't doubt that this is a good bookshelf speakers..but after watching the video, HOLY HYPERBOLE! Do the AV express employees go through the Bose training program!?

·
Registered
19,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't doubt that this is a good bookshelf speakers..but after watching the video, HOLY HYPERBOLE! Do the AV express employees go through the Bose training program!?
Wonder how they behave when they get home?

Bose falls short of these speakers - the only thing in common
is push-pin connectors.

Did you buy your SLS Q line speakers from them?

·
Registered
114 Posts
"Tight pounding bass", I have no idea what these speakers sound like but by him saying "Tight pounding bass" is coming from these bookshelf's makes the entire review suspect. There is ZERO chance "Tight pounding bass" is coming from these speakers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts