AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A wow back someone here on this board had problems with their typing ... so I thought this was a good place to post this:

Interesting....

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

·
Registered
186 Posts
So, wahts' yuor piotn?

·
Premium Member
4,316 Posts
Yeah, I could read that relatively quickly, but we don't need more evidence that it's okay to spell badly! :) Anyhoo, my counterargument is that if you 'typo' like that, there's more likelihood of your reader misinterpreting a word (what with all the 'near' words in English...).

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
That's really interesting. I'm alway intrigued by these 'brain teasers'.

BTW, I read through that post almost as fast as I would have if it had been spelled correctly. Very interesting how these brains of ours (well, some of us:D ), work.

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
Hey, Loren, at least you were using complete sentences in this thread.

The recent problem typer in this forum not only didn't spell correctly, he/she/it also typed in fragmented and partial sentences. The combination made it nearly impossible to understand what was being asked.

I think using correct spelling and at least an attempt to use correct grammar is a common courtesy to fellow humans. Just call me pedant. :)

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by l8er
Hey, Loren, at least you were using complete sentences in this thread.

The recent problem typer in this forum not only didn't spell correctly, he/she/it also typed in fragmented and partial sentences. The combination made it nearly impossible to understand what was being asked.

I think using correct spelling and at least an attempt to use correct grammar is a common courtesy to fellow humans. Just call me pedant. :)
RCReplay I thk hs/r nm ws.

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Creech
..... I thk hs/r nm ws.
I know the name. I just had this fear of making him reappear a la Beetlejuice. :eek:

·
Registered
8,103 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Loren Kruse.
A wow back someone here on this board had problems with their typing ... so I thought this was a good place to post this:

Interesting....

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
I've always typed like that. Spelling is BS. I am not inclined to believe in spelling any more than I am to belive in a god predominantly worshiped on the opposing side of the world from where i reside.

I decided heathrial was smart because she never attempted to correct me. I was wondering if she would. If she did I would have thought 'hmm'..still not having enough to conclude what I thought of her. When time went by and I saw she never corrected me I considered her to have a subtle complex intelligence on the matter. Thank god, cause if she was correcting me we would both be in hell.

I have no idea what I'm talking about, I do know I had 2 ventis (20 ouch cup of coffee) at starbucks a few hours ago.

hope I was illuminating

cow

·
Registered
8,103 Posts
Hmm.. Bin Laden should do that when he's conversing with al queda guys with Windows Messenger.

Waz up Laden

cow

I'd be so embarrassed if he owned a replay, frequented this board and thought it was a great idea

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by icecow

I'd be so embarrassed if he owned a replay, frequented this board and thought it was a great idea
It would be even more bizarre if he frequented PlanetReplay and regularly requested re-runs of "Saved By the Bell"... It would explain why he's so angry with the U.S. though.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Dyslexics untie!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.