AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a Sony 1292 and I have a Hughes HDTV DirecTv receiver which outputs 1080i. The best transcoder that I could find for a reasonable amount is the Key unit designed for HD (KD-CTCA2). Are there any Sony IFB-12 Component input modules around for my PJ? This input module I would think would work much better.

· Registered
343 Posts
that input module will not interface 1080i to your projector, only standard video (480i/576i) via component is supported for this input card and your projector.

Later Sony projectors such as the D50, G70/90 accept HDTV resolutions through the component input on an IFB-12.

you will either need one of the other IFB cards, such as an IFB-1300 or 1400 or a transcoder.

· Registered
232 Posts

· Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, For that price it is worth a try. As far as the crushed blacks would a clipper circuit that gets rid of the sync on the RGB videos restore the lost dynamic range? Of course the op-amps would need 100 Mhz reponse.

· Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just received my lik sang that only cost $ 86 ! The unit works fine but I have no comparison to a good RGB source so I don't know how much better it can be. One thing I did notice is that the greens look better when I pull the sync connector off and force the 1292 to sync on green mode. Has anyone else noticed this?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.