AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting a 3DTV tomorrow, and I got a quick question about interference from IR. On the Samsung 3DTV FAQ, it says the following:

What are the best viewing conditions for 3D TV in my home?

When in 3D mode, there may be certain conditions in your home that may affect the normal operation of your 3D TV and glasses. Some devices that emit IR frequencies (e.g. fluorescent lights) may interfere and cause your glasses to see flicker. To alleviate this, Samsung recommends to switch off fluorescent lights in the vicinity of your TV.

Will the Wii sensor bar interfere with the 3D glasses?

Also, I do have fluorescent lighting, which I can just turn off when I watch TV. If I do have the lights on though, am I guaranteed to see "flicker" or are only some lights at that certain frequency?

Thanks.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I think the Wii bar will probably interfere with the glasses. Since there's really no point to having the Wii on when using the glasses though, this shouldn't be a problem. Here's hoping you're not under the impression that Samsung's 2d to 3d is going to make your Wii games look good in "3d". It won't.

·
Registered
42 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasquarl /forum/post/19573126

Will the Wii sensor bar interfere with the 3D glasses?

Thanks.

I have played with the Wii on 3D using the 2D to 3D mode without any problems. The glasses are probably on a different frequency. I even use a pair of infrared headphones while viewing 3D with no issues. Good luck and enjoy your new TV.

Laz.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by golferbradbest
i cant change my volume even with my original onkyo 808 remote either. Bummer, i have to disable my 3d transmitter first now
I was thinking of getting a new receiver Onkyo would be one to consider, but now that I hear that. I have the Harman Kardon AVR254, it does not have that problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.