AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, I just took my Pink Panther Jet Pink cartoon DVD down to the HT room to see how it looks on my G15+HTPC.

The transfer isn't all that great, but it has some nice episodes and it does look better that what I tend to see on DishNetwork.

I am currently running PowerDVD on my HTPC. If I have some time I will install my copy of WinDVD on the PC this evening.

Anyway... While watching the first episode, I noticed that on anything that had a bit of movement, there was an interlace looking artifact. Horizontal lines like you would see on the dTV webpage examples. I found this suprising because I haven't seen anything like this on other animated stuff that I have.

Do you guys have any suggestions as to what it actually is? Maybe it is one of those weird pulldown issues or something.

Thanks,

Cameron

------------------

-- Well I have really blown my budget now. --

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Hi Cameron,

Is it possible for you to post a screenshot of this artifact? Just freeze the picture, and use PowerDVDs screencapture function. Since I'm an animation fan I'm extremely familiar with artifacts - both digital and analog related so if I have something more to work with I can possibly help you to trace where the problem lies.

------------------

/frode

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Cameron,

Did you Force Bob in PDVD? You must do that on video based material, even though you would think "Auto" would do it for you.

Chris

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nope I didn't force Bob. I will try it out.

Thx,

Cameron

------------------

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. I forced bob in PowerDVD and voila no more weirdness.

Now if I could only get my Audiophile card to send my CD to the SPDIF.

Cameron

------------------

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.