AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to the review on HTprojectors......

"I have heard on various forums that the X1 did not accept progressive or interlaced signals from the VGA input: this is not true! I mean: the VGA input of the X1 can receive either an interlaced component signal and a progressive one. And this is it. Whether this is limited to the version sold in Europe, I cannot tell, but it surely was so in the Italian version, that's for sure. If someone is saying otherwise, it means he hasn't performed the test..."

Can anyone verify this with the N.A version? It would be good for 2 reasons.....the xbox dashboard is 480i, and for people who want 2 interlaced component inputs.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
dvdvideo,

I have a lot of flaws, but I'm not a visionary... ;)

What I recommend, is testing the X1 under the same conditions.

I mean: if you go directly from the DVD player the result can be one, if you pass through some other devices. Please look at the sequence: Inline 3808 switcher, RGBHV cable, Extron ADA 2 300 HV distribution amplifier, RGBHV cable up to the projector, as reported in the test.

I would appreciate if someone in the US can try something similar. None of the devices above is a sync adapter, but you'll never know... ;)

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have 2 problems with that.....one is that I am at work and the projector is at home. (just arrived today...yay!)

The other is I don't have the component to vga adapter yet. (ordered)

I do have a 5 BNC to vga cable.....anyone know if that will work as a substitute for the component to vga cable?

By the way, great review!

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by dvdvideo

The other is I don't have the component to vga adapter yet. (ordered)

I do have a 5 BNC to vga cable.....anyone know if that will work as a substitute for the component to vga cable?

By the way, great review!
dvdvideo,

I know... that's exactly what I've been using! Just take the 3 RGB component from the player and hook it via the VGA cable, Make a try and let us know!

BTW: many thanks for your appreciation! :p

·
Registered
312 Posts
It never worked for mine (US version)

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
dl,

any chance to try with some splitter/sync stabilizer or whatever in the signal path?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.