AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be getting a Runco CL-510 shortly. One thing I'm confused about is hooking up a DVD player: should I use the Runco's scaler or the DVD players? My 2 DVD sources will be a Pioneer DVD-47a, and an Integra DPC-7.4 changer.

The Runco does not accept prog. signals on it's RCA inputs, only through BNC, so I'm wondering what cables to run. If I get a cable with BNC's on the projector end, and want to use an RCA adapter, will it effect picture quality?

I understand the Runco's are based on the BenQ units, and I read in a review of the BenQ 8700 that if you use the progressive inputs, you cannot perform calibration with the Avia disc, you must use the interlaced inputs. Can anyone confirm this, and does this apply to the Runco as well?

Thanks for any advice!

·
Registered
32 Posts
i would really suggest running the video interlaced and let the runco's vivix scaler go to work

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I don't understand why people ask this type of question. Why don't you just run it both ways and see for yourself which is better?

·
Registered
5,574 Posts
My general rule is to try all available IO combinations of your components, you may be surprised with which one you like the best.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The reason I'm asking is because on the Runco (and the Benq too, I think) there are seperate inputs for interlaced (RCA's) and progressive (BNC's). I guess I'll just get some BNC - RCA adapters and try it both ways.

·
Registered
32 Posts
you can go interlaced or progressive with the BNC connections, i found that out just a short while ago!

and it looks like it slightly better (on the 510short) in interlaced.

using a DENON DVD-1600

AND EVEN WITH SVIDEO WITH A DVD-3800

:p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.