Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Team

I have an ATI AIW 9800 connected to my LG plasma via the DVI connection. The LG has a DCDI faroudja chip inside for advance deinterlace and scaling, and I'm thinking that it will do a better job than then the deinterlacer scaler on the ATI.

1. Its this the cas?

2. How can I get the ATI to not de-interlace on full screen video so that I can get the screen to do the job.

This might also be something I would want to do if I had an external scaler.

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
If your LG plasma supports progressive at the native panel resolution, use it. You really don't want to get tangled up with HDTV 1080I resolution, because the ATI card can't deliver the correct type of sync without the DVI to component dongle.

Vern

·
Registered
405 Posts
what source are you trying to scale? As far as I'm concerned the only thing your TV's scaler might (and I stress might) scale better is SDTV. DVD and HDTV (via an OTA HD card) will be much, much better with the proper config. As far as SDTV goes with a good capture card and Dscaler set up properly you should get just as good of a picture by feeding you tv its native resolution and letting the PC worry about scaling and de-interlacing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.