AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone comment on the performance of the interlaced component output of the DV37 any reply would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I did see that review but most of the players in the shoot out are looking at the Progressive part of the player the numbers are good for the specs but again don't say much about the interlaced actual perfomance.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by sspears
The link provided above looks at the interlaced performance in detail.
While the technical review does provide a TON of information, how does a "layperson", such as myself, interpret the information to know if the performance is good or not?

Peace.....

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
Have you read parts 1-5? Each part attempts to explain what the information means.

Post what does not make sense and I will use your info to update the article to try and make it more understandable.

In the end, we have learned that many engineers have found the benchmark more useful than consumers. This was not what was intended, but it is much better for everyone. Several companies are now using these tests to design future DVD players and the parts that makeup the players.

I want to further enhance the tests, so while it might be less interesting for the consumer in the short term, it will come back to them in the form of better products in the future.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by sspears
Have you read parts 1-5? Each part attempts to explain what the information means.

Post what does not make sense and I will use your info to update the article to try and make it more understandable.

In the end, we have learned that many engineers have found the benchmark more useful than consumers. This was not what was intended, but it is much better for everyone. Several companies are now using these tests to design future DVD players and the parts that makeup the players.

I want to further enhance the tests, so while it might be less interesting for the consumer in the short term, it will come back to them in the form of better products in the future.
I have read the parts, but I just find the information somewhat overwhelming. I'll go over parts 1- 5 again and then post my open questions about the specific player reports here...

Thanks..... :)

Peace.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.