AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The builder installed an Intermatic InTouch whole house lighting system in 2008. I have been unsuccessful in getting the scenes to properly and consistently work. It's the CA5500BR Hand Held Remote with Smartbase model. Calls to their technical support and customer service are not productive as either the line is busy or the call not returned.

I was told by a couple of electricians that other manufacturers offer better more consumer friendly products. At this point I don't know if its me or the system. I am wondering if anyone aware of alternative support that might be available?

·
Registered
197 Posts
yes intermatic dropped their zwave line. it is zwave though so you can use other controllers to control the devices if you want.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by syner /forum/post/18308068

yes intermatic dropped their zwave line. it is zwave though so you can use other controllers to control the devices if you want.

Any recommendations about other systems that would be most compatible?

·
Registered
197 Posts
you can setup scenes in just about any zwave controller.

zwave controllers come in 2 main flavors, hardware based and software based. hardware are like handheld remotes and software are pc based systems. even pc systems use a hardware interface to control zwave products though (either usb or serial typically).

for instance we do one here for the iphone/itouch although we don't support scenes (strictly direct control and status feedback)
http://totalcontrolapp.com/index.php...d=14&Itemid=28

now regular hardware controllers like handheld remotes may or may not handle scenes and your zwave modules may or may not support it.

most pc based software solutions support scenes or simulate them in the software. i.e. even if zwave modules don't support scenes you can create them in the software and the software will individually control the devices to simulate the scene.

hardware handheld remote examples
http://store.homeseer.com/store/Hand...y5lgGrk0b9Eqby

software solution examples:

controlthink thinkessentials, homeseer, mcontrol

hardware appliance example

mi casa verde

you will probably need to either replicate your network to the new controller or even rebuild it from scratch if you don't have the master remote from the original network (there are workarounds but not typically).

Reactions: willmo

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by syner /forum/post/18326146

you will probably need to either replicate your network to the new controller or even rebuild it from scratch if you don't have the master remote from the original network (there are workarounds but not typically).

Any guidance on how to replicate or rebuild?

·
Registered
197 Posts
regular replication will not work for long term solution as all it really does is copy a read version of the network over to other controllers. if you really want to move away from that controller as the main controller then you have 2 options.

1. thinkessentials pro line has a method to copy a master remote to file and then you can copy that file to a new master remote. i have not done it myself but you can go through their forums for info on this.

2. you can get a new master remote and un-enroll each individual device in your network one at a time. just look at the instructions for the remote you are going to use or use the remote you have now. on the module side each has their own method to inclusion/removal so you will need to refer to those docs. basically the end result is a slow, manual method of un-enrolling each individual device from the current network and then re-enrolling them into the new network. very manual and PITA process. this has been one of the sore spots of z-wave since it started.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you very much. I will look at the thinkessentials forums for background information. I was afraid that it might require lots of tedious manual work. I will look into new master remotes and decide which is the best alternative. This will be one of my summer projects.

·
Registered
197 Posts
if you have a large one it sure will be a summer project smile. we have reset 60 node networks in test environments and it is a real PITA to do the manual method.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by syner /forum/post/18602993

if you have a large one it sure will be a summer project smile. we have reset 60 node networks in test environments and it is a real PITA to do the manual method.
yes it's a large one

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Does anyone know how to run a diagnostic on the Intermatic Intouch Home Lighting System? Since Intermatic longer supports the system, it's been tough to find help. I am now unable to program/re-program scenes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts