AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a relatively new DirecTV subscriber (2 months). Tonight I was watching Channel 521 (Starz West). The movie was "Kate & Leopold" and it was presented in DD5.1. Twice during the film, we experienced extremely long periods (5 minutes or more) of no audio. The picture was fine, but there was no sound coming through either the receiver or the TV. Then it just magically resumed. All of the other DirecTV channels seemed to be operating normally with normal sound and receiving DD5.1 where noted.

Did anyone else have this problem tonight or can this be an isolated incident with my particular system?

Also, are such audio problems common with satellite TV? Does it happen from time to time?

Do I need to do anything specific to my system, such as unplugging and resetting my DirecTV receiver? (This particular set is hooked up to the Sony HD200.)

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hello dbacksfan!

The Sony HD200 drops digital audio intermittently but it does not drop analog audio. Next time this happens monitor the analog audio as it should be OK. This problem affects certain HD200 to receiver / preamps especially Sony's own line of audio equipment (how ironic).

If this continues you should report this to Sony and if possible speak to a level II tech. Sony claims there have been NO complaints about this issue when in fact many of us experience the same problem your experiencing and are trying to get Sony to recognize this as a problem that needs addressed.

John

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
John,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I do have a Sony receiver as well (STR-DB830). And it is ironic that the HD200 has compatibility issues, because most of us are brand loyal simply to prevent such problems.

I have had the HD200 for almost two months and this is the first time I have experienced this problem. I will certainly monitor it closely and will address the problem with Sony if it continues.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.