AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my Samsung LN46A550 for about a month now and a few times I've either turned the unit on or changed a channel and got no picture/image (picture went black without any indicators for "Searching for Signal") but there was audio coming from the TV. I turned the unit off and then back on, and the picture came back. This has only happened a handful of times, but I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this, and if there's a fix. I may consider checking out the firmware version, and upgrading it if it needs this.

Thanks,

Mark

·
Registered
217 Posts
Ive had this happin to me with the crappy little comcast (the little black one with no display) cable box. I came on here with the same issue and found that it was actually that box causing the issue, others had the same intermittent issue. a quick unplug and plug back in of the cable box actually fixed it for me then and since Ive had the HD box Ive never had that issue again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've had this problem with two consecutive LN46A550's.

Each time the tv worked fine for about a week and then began to intermittently have sound, but no picture when turned on. This problem would generally happen after the tv had been off for a long period of time (overnight). I have experienced this problem with two different sets and with two different cable boxes (Comcast's little black SD box and Comcast's Motorola HD box). I returned the first set for a replacement and now have the second set, but I'm likely going to return this one as well.

Turning the tv off and back on has always fixed the problem, but I am concerned that the problem is an indication that something in the tv might be failing.

If anyone has experienced this issue or better yet knows how to fix it, please post the info or provide a link. Thank you for the help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts