AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Searched for information about this, but I wasn't finding anything similar to my problem. I was watching Car2 in 3D using the DTS-HD MA 7.1 track, and intermittently I would get a loud pop from the system, it was a high-pitched chirp/pop sound. If I rewound the movie, it didn't happen again at the spot. I have not had this happen before with my movies. I have Klipsch Icon speakers and a dual sub setup (Klipsch and BIC 12" subs using a y-adapter. I used Audyssey to set up the system. I have the BD player set to primary pass-through the audio at 192 khz/24bit, DRC is off.

Any ideas?

Rick

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I got a refurbished HK 3650 that did this also. It sounded like a chirp from a fire alarm with a dead battery, but really hard on the ears(I have Klipsch too). It was random sometimes a couple minutes between chirps sometimes more/less frequent. I returned the receiver. I will be setting up my new receiver tonight and see if this is the fix, as I'm pretty sure the problem is in the receiver

Also at first I thought the sound was just coming from surround Right, it was so loud and annoying I ended up disconnecting the speaker(after switching SR with SL to make sure the problem wasn't the speaker). After some more time listening, the system did it at a lower volume through all speakers.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by msuguy71  /t/1521847/intermittent-pop-during-movie#post_24462379

Hi all,

Searched for information about this, but I wasn't finding anything similar to my problem. I was watching Car2 in 3D using the DTS-HD MA 7.1 track, and intermittently I would get a loud pop from the system, it was a high-pitched chirp/pop sound. If I rewound the movie, it didn't happen again at the spot. I have not had this happen before with my movies. I have Klipsch Icon speakers and a dual sub setup (Klipsch and BIC 12" subs using a y-adapter. I used Audyssey to set up the system. I have the BD player set to primary pass-through the audio at 192 khz/24bit, DRC is off.

Any ideas?

Rick

I got the new avr set up with the same speaker/wiring system and no annoying chirp. Has this continued to happen to you? The receiver was the problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts