AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I receive 60+ cable channels directly to the TV (It is a Toshiba CTR HD, I don't feel that is the issue because it happens with the other TVs). During the evening hours sound will be lost for perhaps one to two seconds, accompanied by (but not always) a crazy digital image on the lower part of the screen. Reminds me of years ago when you'd pick up interference from a ham operator on a radio. My wife works 12 hour shifts, so she is home some days and claims it is only an evening event. This is happening on "local" stations but I can't necessarily claim it would not happen on the typical satellite station (ESPN, etc.). The coaxial cable is definitely in frozen ground right now but that is nothing new, just thought to mention it. I wanted to check here before arranging a service call. Thank You!

·
Registered
962 Posts
I had a splitter that wasn't properly covered and when the morning sun melted the ice on the roof water would "short" the connection. It took 3 truck rolls and a supervisor to find the weak link in the chain. Hang tough and try to get a hold of the boss of the crews instead of another visit by the techs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts