Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone -

INTRO: When I first visited this forum, about a year ago, I knew nothing about home theatre. I was the most ‘newbie’ person one could imagine. Now, after a year, I now have my FP/HDTV theatre up and operating. I am delighted this information is here for all of us to use! I have used this forum like a textbook. "Thanks" to the Administrators and Contributors!

Now a question….. I have an LT150 "anomaly" and I've not seen it reported before. perhaps someone can offer an explanation.

When powering-up my LT150, maybe 1-time out of every 20, the image comes up very bright, almost washed out, with images comprised of primarily blue and white. It's weird - almost like looking at a negative.

An immediate power-down followed by a power-up has corrected the situation thus far. Is this a characteristic of this PJ? Has anyone ever experienced this problem before? If so, what did you do to fix it (besides buy another projector :)

Thanks for any help….

·
Registered
92 Posts
My LT-150 does the same thing.

It happens about once a month now.

Turning the projector off and on always fixes the problem.

I have 600 hours on the unit with no other issues.

Jim

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Some people cut off power via surge protecting strip to their LT150 in between uses to reset the PJ. This will avoid such problems. LT150 has software like a PC. When it's on standby it's still running albeit in sleep mode. Thus a hard or cold reset is required now and then to refresh its internal, factory settings. Your colors and other calibrated settings should be retained so don't worry.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I have _the_ best surge projector in the world actually, pretty cheap too. I unplug the projector between uses, and don't use it during thunderstorms etc ;)

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
I experience the same problem. I can go 6 times without it appearing and then it pop up 3 times in a row. Unplugging the pj didn't help in my case.

·
Registered
774 Posts
My LT-150 exhibits this problem occassionally. There doesn't seem to be any pattern to when it happens. Most of the time unplugging the projector and then restarting it works, on occassion I've had to power down a couple of times to get it to come up.

I have noticed a mechanical sounding noise during normal startup that appears to be absent when an abnormal startup occurs.

-- Greg

·
Registered
212 Posts
My LT150 has the same symptoms, and its becoming annoying. Has anyone talked to NEC about this? I'm wondering if its worth it to send it in for repair.

·
Registered
216 Posts
My LT85 does the same thing occasionally. In addition to the washed out colors, mine gives two bright well defined vertical bars on either side of the screen - about 8 pixels wide. I suspect that it gets confused and goes into a strange undocumented mode.

A reboot has always cured the problem, but once or twice it has taken 2 reboots to do the job. This is mostly a non-issue for home theatre use, but I occasionally use mine for business presentations, and for that it is definitely annoying. At some point NEC might get a call.

John

·
Registered
344 Posts
My LT150 does this every once in awhile as well. Shutting down and restarting always fixes it.

It doesn't have anything to do with leaving the unit on 'standby' (at least in my case), as my PJ isn't installed permanently yet, so it's always freshly plugged in.

Brian

·
Premium Member
7,399 Posts
I, too, have experienced this problem. Power downs have always fixed it, although it has taken multiple times before. Still, it is not exactly reassuring to see something like this happen.

I will try the full unplug next time.

Mike

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.