AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After talking around with owner's, tech's, etc. regarding the enable or disabling of the displays internal aspect controller when using an external scaler, or scan up converter - I have received information that some display devices (projectors in general) still have some control over changing aspect size of the displayed image.

I think it would be interesting to start a poll to find out which displays do and which do not have internal aspect control of image size when an external processor is being used. It probably should include the scaler used and the scan-rate coming out into the display. It should be noted also if the input to the display is RGB (computer input), or whether the input being used is the Component (HDTV) input. What do you think?

·
Premium Member
8,099 Posts
If there is some aspect control, it is usually 4:3 ("normal") vs. 16:9 ("full") support.

At least, this is how it is with most plasmas I've dealt with.

In 99% of the cases, you'll want the full setting.

·
Registered
533 Posts
The infocus ls-110 when used with the cs-1 scaler still has full aspect control whether in the 4:3 mode or the 16:9 mode. Don't quite understand why, but it does. I'm using 720 p (rgb) going into the pc input on the projector.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.