AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think I should set the internal frequency to? Also, should the auto clamp be on or off and should the sync be set to fast or slow.

Thanks for any help, the manual isn't too clear.

(I'm just using it with a DVD player. (at the moment))

Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
... should the retrace be set to long or short?

Thanks again..

·
Premium Member
5,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I also have a vertical line in the image to the far right. It looks like some sort of interference/signal line. I looked into all 3 tubes (Low contrast) and could see it in all the tubes.

I don't think it was there before today..?

·
Premium Member
5,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, I fixed the vertical line. It was coming from the vertical picture adjustment on my Line Doubler. Go figure. :)

Still need advice on the other questions though...

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Sir,

It isn't necessary to set the internal freq generator to anything, unless you intend to prealign the PJ for a higher res to be used at a later time (than what you are already running - DVD or NTSC video). The PJ will automatically genlock to whatever freq that is being displayed.

The autoclamp won't do anything - it was a feature put into the earliest Marquees, then disabled in the software due to the lack of need for the feature.

Fast/slow sync is a feature to correct "flag waving" that can occur towards the top of the screen, which is an image distortion that appears to be "waving" or flickering to the right. If you see it, toggle the fast/slow sync to the other setting to correct. If you don't have a problem, don't worry about it - this is mostly a VCR issue.

·
Premium Member
5,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, makes a lot of sense. I won't worry about those settings so much.

Thanks again.

Mike

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Retrace setting is normally Long for ntsc signals, including those from a scaler, and Short for HDTV signals. But play with it, because I've found that it is backward on some of these projectors. Put up a test pattern that you know the width of and see if you are able to get all of it; change the retrace setting and see what happens...

William

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.