AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.

I've bought electronics from various stores (Amazon, B&H, Adorama, JR) with my Ecuadorian credit card. I 've had the items shipped to a U.S. address, usually a courier or a family member, who then brings them to Ecuador.

Now I'm looking for a store to buy a Mitsubishi HC1500 or a similar model. Regrettably, of the stores that accept foreign credit cards, the only one stocking it is B&H, and it's expensive compared to the price Amazon had last week (Yes, I missed the chance... shame on me).

International buyers: Can you recommend me other online stores for a HC1500 besides the ones I've mentioned?

Update:

I've already tried with BB, Newegg, 6ave, Projector People, and none will accept foreign credit cards (It's their lose).

-Please keep this thread price-free.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nevermind... Already found a seller.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Would be helpful to tell folks where it was that you succeeded.

Also worth looking at what stores accept Google checkout. They have a similar system to Amazon payments, where one you register the credit card, you can send the item to any place you want in the US or abroad. (usually US only for electronics).

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I found a good price on the HC1500 on Proview Digital. I made the purchase via Amazon (where Proview Digital is a marketplace seller) on Thursday night, and on Friday afternoon they shipped it. On Wednesday my aunt in Brooklyn will receive the package, according to the latest update in the UPS site.

It was a lot cheaper than ordering from B&H because since it is shipped from Florida I didn't have to pay the 8% NY state tax. Remember: If your family member/friend/courier company is located in one state, look for a vendor that ships from another state!

How did I find about them? Via ProjectorCentral.com. I was checking the availability of several 720p models when I noticed that they had the HC1500 in stock. I checked their Amazon marketplace reputation and their resellerratings.com reputation and although they seemed to have good ratings, they were less than one year old in both places, so I was a bit apprehensive. I then checked with the Panasonic site and found out they're one of their authorized resellers. I didn't found them on the list of Mitsubishi resellers but I guessed if Panasonic accepted them, then they must be good.

I'll keep you posted on how this purchase turns out.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osamede /forum/post/14266181

Also worth looking at what stores accept Google checkout. They have a similar system to Amazon payments, where one you register the credit card, you can send the item to any place you want in the US or abroad. (usually US only for electronics).

It is funny how some stores won't accept foreign credit cards directly, but they do accept foreign Google Checkout and/or foreign Paypal accounts. This is the case with Monoprice. The only way a foreigner can buy from them is via Paypal, and then have the items shipped to a U.S. address. The loophole in the process is the fact that Monoprice completely ignores your confirmed Paypal address and only uses the shipping address you provide during checkout. (I tried the same thing with Monoprice and Google checkout but it didn't work)

B&H, on the other hand, readily accepts the combination of foreign card payment + shipping to U.S. address, but you have to scan an image of your card and send it to them to prove that it's your card. I had to do this last year when I bought my InFocus IN72.

If anyone knows of any other Home theater-related online stores with similar policies (and loopholes) please chime in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts