Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,

This is not necessarily a question about where the find the best deals, but internet purchasing in general. I've read some things at various manufacturer websites (Fujitsu to name one) that indicate an internet purchase of a plasma monitor will not be covered by manufacturers warranty.

I'm definitely going to purchase a plasma in the coming weeks and worried that finding a good deal online will void the manufactuers warranty. I'm strongly considering the Sony KE-42XBR900 or the Sony KE-42TS2 and everwhere I look online has fairly good deals on these models. Yet, it's hard to know whose reputable and whether or not Sony will honor the warranty if I purchase from an online reseller.

So, I guess my questions are this: does anyone have a specific, good online plasma purchasing experience to relate (via private message) and am I being overly concerned about the warranty issue?

As always, thanks for everyone's help.

Garry Denny

Wisconsin Public Television
http://www.ptvdigital.org

·
Registered
533 Posts
Garry --

Chances are Sony will honor the warranty -- but you've got no guarantees. Sony has very few authorized dealers online. Proceed with caution.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.