AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering. I have a ps3 I'm new to online gaming. Question is i'm running 24 mb download and 2 mb upload dsl. When I do a speedtest um getting 23 down and usually 2.3ish up with a 23ms ping. When I run connection test on ps3 I'm only getting 9ish down and 1.2 up

Just wondering why it's so different

And what can I do to increase that. I have my ps3 connected by ether net cable from my router.

·
Registered
7,909 Posts
I don't think anyone has ever identified why this happens. I'm 50/30 and get the same speeds as you. It really isn't anything to worry about, online games will still work just fine.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Do you get the "router in use may not support fragmentation" error when you do the connection test on the ps3? If so, google the solution to that as I've seen some folks report that their ps3 dl/ul speeds matched their pc speeds after making the recommended mods. It involves lowering the mtu setting in your router.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Yeah, gaming doesn't have harsh requirements for dl/ul speeds as TornadoTJ hinted. Ping is king for online gaming. I used to game on ATT dsl with 300kbps up/down. I couldn't host games, but I could participate.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cool all my ping test are rite at 23 24 ms Witch ain't bad for dsl from what I'm learning. The installer said I was only like 250 ft. From the main power box on my road

1 - 6 of 6 Posts