AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am looking for a new AV receiver and have a question or two.

Do any receivers have the capability to access Pandora? I know some receivers have LAN inputs, but are the receivers set to then navigate the Pandora site. I want to drop my Comcast Digital cable box (I only use it for music) and get both a better selection and hopefully better fidelity.

Secondly, if you run an HDMI cable from your Blu-ray to the receiver and then connect the receiver's HDMI out to the tv, will the audio be processed by the receiver?

And finally, do any receivers have coaxial inputs for the cable signal, so that they could be processed by the receiver and then output over the HDMI output?

I know I have asked a lot, but I need some help here.

Thanks

·
Registered
22,119 Posts
- capability, yes... as long as it's browser enabled... i wouldn't hold my breath for "better fidelity"... pandora streams are what they are...

- yes, unless it's an extreme bottom of the line unit...

- no...

fwiw, there's only about a zillion options for streaming music to an avr...

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
The Onkyo network-ready receivers have direct access to Pandora (and Rhapsody and Napster and Slacker and more) over your existing home network. The stations can be set up & browsed through the receiver's gui.

My 708 will output hdmi audio from an hdmi audio input, but I don't know if it will take the coax in & convert it over hdmi out; I doubt it. I use the receiver speakers for all my audio, so I haven't tried.

Edit: Actually, the Audio Signal Flow Chart on p. 23 of the manual seems to indicate that it supports this feature.; but it will not convert analog to digital or vice versa.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts