AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I downloaded the trial version of InterVideo's Home Theater. It promises you "all" the functionality you normally would need:

- DVD playback

- Video clips

- Music

- Pictures

- TV with PVR etc

After spending 30 min I realised that

- It didn't find any channels on my TV card (ATI and working flawlessly with ATI TV viewer sw)

- Playing divx videos from the harddisk, it didn't have any possibility to adjust the aspect ratio

- I have 150 full length movies on harddisk, and a large number of tv shows, commercials and even some adult stuff ;-) Of course, I have these stored in different folders to easily find what I am looking for. InterVideos Home Theater lets you specify all these folder, but throws every thing into one long list that is difficult to navigate.

- The picture are treated just the same as the movies. My 5.000 digital pictures thrown into one loooong list....

- And maybe the worst is the music player that works in the same way, no nice way of organising by artist, genre, album etc.

InterVideo charge 100 USD for this - IMHO - crap. Now I wonder, is it just me that didn't spend the time to understand how to configure and use this program?

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'd never heard of this app before. Here's the link for more info:

Intervideo Home Theater

In the description it says that video clips can be sorted by "either name or date". Wow, what a plethora of options! Name OR date?

$100 seems way steep for what BTV and Sage are already doing better and for less (and myHTPC for free), but it's always good to see another player.

KevPriest

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And it seems like InterVideo isn't really pushing it. I have read press on their new Instant-On offering, which is an OEM product, but not on this product.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I have tested this software and quickly deleted it. The software did not allow for many changes to settings or the interface. As I see it, there is no value to this over the available applications (myhtpc, xlobby, mainlobby...)

maybe they will do better on the next version.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.