AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I don't think Into the Woods was, its a musical its meh to me but I don't like musicals. I think Cinderella was though

·
Super Moderator
16,252 Posts
I don't believe Cinderella was released in 3D either. No mention of 3D in the tech specs at IMDB.

S~

·
Registered
283 Posts
Cinderella wasn't coverted to 3D even for it's showings in China. I believe that this was intentional to gauge if no 3D would adversely effect box office. I'm sure to the joy of some 3D hater at Disney Cinderella did great worldwide with out 3D, even in China, and I suspect this will be used to end production of 3D live action features at Disney. Having ended release of blu ray 3D disc production in North America I think we will see an end to feature production too. It remains to be seen if they will continue to release animated pictures in 3D and the 3D decision making has been left up to the Star Wars and Marvel brands as to 3D release. My bet is Star Wars will will be released flat in the USA and released 3D in Asia. This will test my powers of prognostication.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Cinderella wasn't coverted to 3D even for it's showings in China. I believe that this was intentional to gauge if no 3D would adversely effect box office. I'm sure to the joy of some 3D hater at Disney Cinderella did great worldwide with out 3D, even in China, and I suspect this will be used to end production of 3D live action features at Disney. Having ended release of blu ray 3D disc production in North America I think we will see an end to feature production too. It remains to be seen if they will continue to release animated pictures in 3D and the 3D decision making has been left up to the Star Wars and Marvel brands as to 3D release. My bet is Star Wars will will be released flat in the USA and released 3D in Asia. This will test my powers of prognostication.
At the end of the teaser trailer it says Star Wars in coming in RealD and Imax3D.

·
Registered
283 Posts
At the end of the teaser trailer it says Star Wars in coming in RealD and Imax3D.

To tell you the truth I was kind of surprised. Pleasantly surprised! I guess the Lucasfilm division gets to make it's own decisions. Sure wish Disney and Disney Home Video would replace some executive idiots.;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts