AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello... I am looking to design a DVD that has a Q & A intro (like in the movie theaters... Then after that runs I will have some trailers play. I know where to get the trailers, but as to getting some Q & A stuff and maybe some Interesting facts and stuff like that.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Stargate Cinema will offer one for free in a few weeks. ;)

Adam

·
Registered
549 Posts
Use the search function.... a BUNCH of info on this topic in the last 6 mos.

One major thread (although there have been numerous others):
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hreadid=272852

Buried deep within the 274 posts in that thread, Ron_C discusses a nice application for automating this with an HTPC.
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...postid=2818012

And Steven Good was supplying CDs of slides... not sure if he still is... but you can always find out. I bought one, and they were very nicely done.

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
haven't ordered but did follow thread closely and he got high praises for his work..they were up for download at yahoo at one time and i grabbed one from there,and it was nice quality..

ADAM, what's the catch...as they say nothing is free..

brickie

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Adam, I'll certainly be checking Stargate frequently to keep abreast of this. When should we expect to see something?

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Maybe he has some of those "movie time" adverstisements, like they show at theaters before the previews, touting his products/site. If he did that would actually be pretty cool, if done in a retro style. I'd take that trade off for a cool free intro.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by adamgroth
Stargate Cinema will offer one for free in a few weeks. ;)

Adam
OK, you've got our attention, now leak more details!

Randy

·
Registered
74 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by airedale
Hello... I am looking to design a DVD that has a Q & A intro (like in the movie theaters... Then after that runs I will have some trailers play. I know where to get the trailers, but as to getting some Q & A stuff and maybe some Interesting facts and stuff like that.
I am assuming from your post that you are comfortable with authoring and burning your own DVD. If so here is my suggestion.

Buy one of the $45 customized DVDs with your theater name and a trivia package. Rip this to your hard drive using DVD Shrink. Acquire the trailers from DVDs that you own also using DVD Shrink. Get a copy of one of the three Drive-in DVDs where you will find several concession/intermission spots and use DVD shrink to extract these to your hard drive. You then use a program called Vob Edit to combine the files, and Ifoedit to process the files. Burn to a DVD-rw and test to make sure verything is okay when you play. There is a step by step guide online for doing this. Let me know if you need the link.

Once you get into this you will find yourself making a few different ones for different occassions. You can also easily update your trailers if you leave all of the relevant files on your computer.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by lawdawg
Maybe he has some of those "movie time" adverstisements, like they show at theaters before the previews, touting his products/site. If he did that would actually be pretty cool, if done in a retro style. I'd take that trade off for a cool free intro.
This is the direction we're going. We obviously want to showcase our products. BUT, we don't want to force the viewer to look at a slide show of product ads (even though it is what you get when you go to the "real" movies). We will include a generic opening trailer (ie Welcome to our Theater...). There will be a trivia slide show (we're working with a VERY popular company to license some cool images). ;) We will also include some calibration items. A few more surprises too, but you'll all have to wait to see....

Adam

·
Registered
264 Posts
Anyone by chance put together a DVDR with clips of good sound/base from various movies? You know, just a clip of Darla tapping on the glass in Finding Nemo; the crane scene from T3, the mine scene from LOTR:FOTR, etc etc. It would be awesome to sit back and just listen to my SVS rumble for a straight hour. I'd happily shell out some $$$ for a copy of that DVDR ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.