AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
9,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From Kotaku

Microsoft's "Xbox Live Rewards" program, which began testing over a year ago, looks set to finally be about to open to the public, with a page turning up on Xbox.com devoted to the service.

The program essentially rewards users for spending money on Xbox Live, giving out Microsoft Points and other freebies for doing things like renewing Xbox Live subscriptions and purchasing content on the various Xbox Live Marketplaces.

You can see an example chart below; we don't know much more specific stuff, because while this welcome page is active, any attempts to login and access further content or information are met with dead links.

http://rewards.xbox.com/
http://xboxrewards.ec2.eprize.net

We've contacted Microsoft for further information, and will update if we hear back.

UPDATE - It appears as though the pages have been taken down.

·
Registered
9,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well, they (xbox team) posted the links on my facebook, only the links aren't working now.

who knows... i know they had a trial/beta of this going on for the past year or so

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
Major Nelson his show this week will focus on something that will benefit all Xbox Live users on Thursday so maybe he will go into detail about this program. With all the deals they have been doing lately it looks like they have been testing this program for awhile.

·
Registered
9,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Links are all working again... sky for UK, Netflix for us.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I was part of the trial run. It's a nice program for someone like me, who has a total of 5 gamers in my household.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
wish they had something like this day 1

·
Registered
4,881 Posts
I just bought a 12 month gold card from Amazon, guess I'll hold out applying it in case they add in rewards in the near future.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Looks like this is really not going to benefit existing Live members all that much:

Note that for the "1st" purchase of XBox Live Marketplace content and for Purchase/renew your first Gold membership, they really mean "1st".

From the terms and conditions page [xbox.com]:

Purchase or Renew to Xbox LIVE Online Gold Membership: Available only to participants making their first Xbox LIVE Online Gold membership purchase (it is still considered a "first time purchase" if the participant has not purchased an online membership since 12/31/07). This offer is applicable for free members upgrading to Gold as their first Online subscription or Gold members renewing first time to Online membership from Retail subscription card. Only participants who purchase Xbox LIVE Online Gold Membership will earn one hundred (100) Microsoft Points, up to a maximum of one hundred (100) Microsoft Points during a twelve (12) month period. To subscribe online visit http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Live/JoinLIVE/Home during the Program Period.

Make Your 1st Purchase on Xbox LIVE Marketplace: Available only to participants making their first Xbox LIVE Marketplace purchase since joining Xbox LIVE (it is still considered a "first time purchase" if the participant has not made a Marketplace purchase since 12/31/07). This is defined as the purchase of an Xbox LIVE Marketplace item using Microsoft Points or a dollar denominated credit card transaction. Your first purchase must be made on or after the confirmation of your enrollment into the Program. The purchase of Microsoft Points only will not count towards receiving these Microsoft Points. If you have already made an Xbox LIVE Marketplace purchase prior to the start of the Program, you are not eligible for this award. Only participants who make their first purchase on the Marketplace will earn one hundred (100) Microsoft Points. Participants can only earn these Microsoft Points one time during the Program.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
A Little Good News for Some.....

I purchased an Xbox LIVE Gold Family Pack between November 4 and December 1, prior to signing up for Xbox LIVE Rewards. Will I receive 400 Microsoft Points for my purchase?

A. The Xbox LIVE Rewards program will honor all Xbox LIVE Gold Family Pack purchases since November 4, 2010. Please note that the points are automatically deposited into your Xbox LIVE account each month. It may take up to 30 days from program registration for the points you earn to be deposited into your account.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeron /forum/post/19580547

Looks like this is really not going to benefit existing Live members all that much:

Note that for the "1st" purchase of XBox Live Marketplace content and for Purchase/renew your first Gold membership, they really mean "1st".

From the terms and conditions page [xbox.com]:

Purchase or Renew to Xbox LIVE Online Gold Membership: Available only to participants making their first Xbox LIVE Online Gold membership purchase (it is still considered a "first time purchase" if the participant has not purchased an online membership since 12/31/07). This offer is applicable for free members upgrading to Gold as their first Online subscription or Gold members renewing first time to Online membership from Retail subscription card. Only participants who purchase Xbox LIVE Online Gold Membership will earn one hundred (100) Microsoft Points, up to a maximum of one hundred (100) Microsoft Points during a twelve (12) month period. To subscribe online visit http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Live/JoinLIVE/Home during the Program Period.

Make Your 1st Purchase on Xbox LIVE Marketplace: Available only to participants making their first Xbox LIVE Marketplace purchase since joining Xbox LIVE (it is still considered a "first time purchase" if the participant has not made a Marketplace purchase since 12/31/07). This is defined as the purchase of an Xbox LIVE Marketplace item using Microsoft Points or a dollar denominated credit card transaction. Your first purchase must be made on or after the confirmation of your enrollment into the Program. The purchase of Microsoft Points only will not count towards receiving these Microsoft Points. If you have already made an Xbox LIVE Marketplace purchase prior to the start of the Program, you are not eligible for this award. Only participants who make their first purchase on the Marketplace will earn one hundred (100) Microsoft Points. Participants can only earn these Microsoft Points one time during the Program.

This Kinda Sux....I also thought It was for everyone, Oh Well.

I filled out the survery for 20pts.

·
Registered
7,418 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeron /forum/post/19580547

you're picking out one point. it seems like all the other points will apply to current members.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
The point values are so low that it hardly seems worth even writing this post out to talk about it.

You'd earn more Xbox Live points over the course of a year if you just didn't buy a soft drink out of a vending machine once a month and instead put that money away to put towards a points card eventually.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Something is better than nothing, which is what we had before. My household is going to spend a lot of points either way. I'll take any positive margin I can get on the deal.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Just signed up. Why do we need to do that? Why not just enroll everyone or send them an Xbox Live message telling them to sign up. I cannot stand this secret crap so they can save a few bucks through the ignorance of their customers. They aren't giving us a ton of points. This is also probably part of the reason for the increase (Or a later justification for it).

·
Registered
2,136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbyrnes /forum/post/19597308

Just signed up. Why do we need to do that? Why not just enroll everyone or send them an Xbox Live message telling them to sign up. I cannot stand this secret crap so they can save a few bucks through the ignorance of their customers. They aren't giving us a ton of points. This is also probably part of the reason for the increase (Or a later justification for it).

Ditto.

I signed up also, mainly just for the heck of it, not like we're going to earn a ton of points with this, but I agree, just send a Live message and let folks opt in or out from that.

·
Registered
4,795 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbyrnes /forum/post/19597308

Most people prefer an Opt In system instead of an Opt Out system. I am sure we are giving up some data to advertisers as well as Microsoft to use by signing up.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts