AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, whats going on. I cannot get my password back for my old username , so im using this one for the time being.

Anyways, If you were in the market for a high power 2ch amp, which one would you choose, and why??($1200 or less)

I will need to run each channel off a 4 ohm load, and want plenty of headroom. Just installed a 8awg 40amp dedicated line for the amp that will be used. Amp will be used to run 6 15" subs, probably 10hz would be the lowest frequency theyll be pushed, Max 60-80hz.

Im very close to pulling the trigger on Mr. Johnsons Sanway FP14000, mainly because I cannot find much feedback the Inuke 12000dsp. I also considered the CV5000, before I found out about the clones.

Currently run a QSC USA1310,2 ohm per ch.("1000w" ea) and its just not cuttin it. Its older, clip lights blinks alot when pushed, etc. SC-65 Elite Reciever, Cleanbox Pro to go from rca to xlr and raise signal. Can provide more details if wanted , but mainly want the disussion about the amps and what you would personally choose and why.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Maybe you need to look at how you are running the subs. Six 8 ohm speakers in patallel will, aiui, yield an impedance below 2 ohms. If they are 4 ohm subs they'll combine for a bit under one ohm. Nothing you are looking at will push near its limits for long at those impedances. A kilowatt ought to be plenty in many home sized settings with appropriate impedance. If you are in an auditorium, you probably need to double or triple the number of drivers and hope for 30 Hz at the lowest . . . . Such is life (or at least physics)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As stated, It will be run 4ohm per ch. Not really an auditorium, its a 12x12' room. Only 4 are hooked up right now for the dual 2 ohm load, which will be put on its own channel as a 4ohm load. Running off a dedicated 20amp line.

Box tuned to 28hz , sub xmax 30mm etc. Hope it will sound okay for what it is...maybe not, who knows.

Ill go with the Sanway as I believe it is the better choice after reading a little more about the inuke, in the clone thread.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.