AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So.... it's been a frustrating evening.

I hooked my UXL-18 up and haven't gotten a peep out of it. However, I don't think the problem isn't the subwoofer. (It passed the battery test).

I hooked the new inuke 3000 DSP to two different recievers and get no indication that there is a signal coming in. I am using a brand-new cable from monoprice to connect the receiver to my inuke. I have it set to the default setting of dual mono (A&B). I tried both channels in and out. I never see anything coming in, should I see lights from the signal?

In better news, I am listening to one of my tempests and it rocks.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I am connecting from the inuke to the subwoofer using a cable I just made. It is using this Neutrik NL2FC Speakon Connector 2 Pole Cable Mount . I'm not 100% sure this cable works, but figured I would see something on the inuke?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalugadp  /t/1523393/inuke-3000-problems#post_24505649

Both ends of speakon correct ?

Turn gains all the way up

Now we are getting somewhere! I get a light on the inuke when I turn the gain all the way up. (I was afraid to blow my ear drums out). However, I don;t hear anything. Do I need to do more?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalugadp  /t/1523393/inuke-3000-problems#post_24505651

With single.uxl18 u don't want dual mode.

once I get a 4 pole speakon I was planning on going to bridge mode. However, in the meantime I was trying this 2 pole speakon I have. Given this connector, is that the right mode?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalugadp  /t/1523393/inuke-3000-problems#post_24505685

Take a pic of speakon connection .

I tried bridge and no dice. This 2 pole connector is a real PIA. I am going to wait for the 4 pole. (hopefully it arrives tomorrow or Friday). In the meantime I will finish my Tempests.

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
6,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderm0n  /t/1523393/inuke-3000-problems#post_24505734

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalugadp  /t/1523393/inuke-3000-problems#post_24505685

Take a pic of speakon connection .

I tried bridge and no dice. This 2 pole connector is a real PIA. I am going to wait for the 4 pole. (hopefully it arrives tomorrow or Friday). In the meantime I will finish my Tempests.

Thanks for the help!
Good idea ,

Four pole will work

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Silly question but are you sure your sub out on the receiver is on? The levels are up on the receiver? I don't know about the onkyo but with the Yamaha you can actually turn off the subwoofer output or lower the level so much that nothing comes out.

I have the 2 pole connector and it works great. You sure you connected positive (red) to 1+ and Negative (black) to 1-?

Like this but with only the #1 the #2 should be blank, and oh yeah in english.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I am pretty sure the receiver is sending a signal now that I maxed out the gains and do see a light flickering on the inuke. I wasn't a fan of the 2 pole setup on the speakon. It seems like the exposed wires are too close to each other. I was careful, but who knows....

I just started thinking about it. Is the exposed wire supposed to be in the little area where you tighten the screw? That's where I had it.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I just got my inuke 3000DSP going last week, using it to drive a 15" Ultimax. I was getting almost nothing to the speaker with the gain knobs cranked. Tried different configs including bridged, none of those made a difference. I found I had to change the gain setting in the Filter/Crossover section (i think that's where, I will check when I go home) - left the filter off but set the gain there to something like +6 dB

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
If these are the gains you are talking about, I don't think it should be at +5. I have mine on 0 and it works just fine. Plenty loud. I think there is something else wrong.

This is how I have my speakon connector connected both to the +1 and -1 connector and have no problems.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts